We’ve all been there, not enough sleep and now your poor eyes are showing for it. Especially just after the holidays. But in just a few easy steps, you can go straight from the snooze button to sensational. So, ..not to worry, we’ve got the makeup tricks to fake those eight hours!
Your H&M miracle product: The Cover-Up Concealer. Liquid, not sticky and very easy to use. Available in 5 colors. For less then 6 euro’s!
1. First, you want to de-puff. It may be an oldie, but it’s a goodie, and most importantly, it works! Place a cucumber slice over each eye and keep them there for a few minutes. Or, place two spoons in the freezer for five minutes, take them out and press the rounded side against your puffy lids.
Place a few dots of concealer under your eye (Click photo to enlarge)
2. Next up, your favourite eye cream or serum. Place four small dots under your eye, starting with the inner corner. Pat in the cream or serum with your ring finger until fully absorbed. Remember: whenever working in the eye area, always wash your hands first!
Pat the concealer all around the eye socket (Click photo to enlarge).
3. Using a concealer one to two shades lighter than your skin, place three, four or five small dots under your eye, starting with the inner corner. Pat the concealer with your ring finger or concealer brush, all around the eye socket, until it literally melts into your skin.
Create some beautiful curly lashes to ‘open’ your eyes (Click photo ro enlarge)
4. This is purely optional, but curl your lashes. Once at the base and then along the lengths of your lashes a few times. If you haven’t already, invest in a good eyelash curler to avoid snagging those precious hairs.
The finishing touch….. (Click photo to enlarge)
5. A few coats of mascara never hurt anyone.
And there you have it: a good night’s rest in a few finger daubs and strokes of a brush. Now go and have a good day!
by Jean Amr